HOW IT WORKS
Natural dyes have slowly been left behind after the discovery of synthetic dyes in the nineteenth century, today there is a growing community bringing it back, exploring and using natural dyes to produce textile goods.
Avocado pits & skins, onion skins, nut shells, flowers, turmeric, beets... are only a few examples of dyestuffs from where color can be extracted and applied onto natural fibers.
By partnering with local restaurants and community gardens we are able to collect enough material to extract color in Tintoreria.
This is how we do it
OUR PARTNERS SAVE THEIR FOOD & PLANT WASTE
WE COLLECT IT
YOU DROP OFF YOUR GARMENTS
WE BREW THE DYE OF
TINTORERIA TURNS YOUR CLOTHES INTO A NEW SHADE
YOU PICK UP YOUR GARMENTS
Somethings to remember when dropping off or shipping items for dyeing:
1. Only Natural Fibers can be naturally dyed ( Cotton, Hemp, Silk, Wool... )
2. Everything must be clean!
2. Your items will be tagged and we will let you know when they are ready, this might take up to 10 days.
3. Once your items are ready we will ship them back to you, if picking up you will have 10 days to pick up your newly dyed things. Otherwise, we will repurpose them .
4. BYOB ( Bring Your Own Bag if picking up ) we are packaging free.